EventPipe regularly interacts with Partners, Hotels, Event Companies, and Customers and makes corresponding and interaction between these various entities simplified and easier. For this reason, Eventpipe may collect, use, and share information related to these various entities. While Eventpipe may interact with and share information, EventPipe greatly respects the privacy of all the entities that Eventpipe interacts with and will only share information necessary and appropriate for the ease, and the like. When “You” is used herein, it means the user or related, and may be referring to Partners, Hotels, Event Companies, Customers, and the like.
Information We May Collect, Use, and Process
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose Personal Information concerning visitors to the Site, except as described herein. We may share Personal Information provided by our Site visitors with third parties we have retained to perform services on our behalf or as necessary to process hotel reservations via our Site. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information about you if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in order to respond to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, and/or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
We may collect various information related to Customers. We may collect, process, transmit, and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you send to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Having accurate information permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience when visiting our site and/or using our services. Specifically, we may collect and use the following information:
Personal Information: You may visit our Site without disclosing any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). However, you may also choose to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, address, payment information, telephone number and/or email address on this Site. The Personal Information that we collect from you during the reservation process will be shared with Hotel(s) and the Agency Entity you booked your reservation through to confirm your booking and to be able to contact you if any issues with your booking arise.
Non-Personal Information: We may collect certain aggregate and non-personal information when you visit the Site. Aggregate and non-personal information does not relate to a single, identifiable visitor. It tells us such things as how many users visited our Site, how many reservations were made and the pages of the Site that were accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our Site to the needs of our visitors.
Communications: Our communications with you, including phone calls, may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes. When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and Eventpipe. You can manage some of your messaging preferences in your account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Eventpipe. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from us or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages, and share that information with other parties to your messages. We reserve the right to refuse to deliver messages we deem inappropriate. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Eventpipe, or use a phone number associated now or previously with such a business, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Partner or Agency: Generally, Partners or Agency or Agencies are the entities that use Eventpipe to manage services for Event Companies.
- Hotel: Partners will engage with, share information with, and enter into various agreement types with various Hotels. These agreements may include, but are not limited to, negotiable room rates, room types, bulk pricing, and the like. Hotels also have employees that may interact with and learn information about Partners and the like.
- Event Companies: Event Companies provide various services and are clients of the Partner, generally speaking. Likewise, Event Companies may have employees and the like.
- Customers: Generally, Customers means customers of the Event Companies. For example, Customers may book a hotel reservation for an Event hosted or owned by the Event Company.
- Service Providers: We rely on third party service providers to support or provide services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications, security and fraud prevention, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting usage of the Service, quality assurance testing, payment processing, marketing, and other functions. We share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
- Legal Disclosure: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement processes, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement request; is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with Eventpipe. If you flag or otherwise complain to us about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Links to Third-Party Web Sites: This Site may contain links to external web sites operated by third parties. Please be aware that these third-party web sites are governed only by their own privacy policies. We cannot be responsible for these policies.
Personal Data Management
We only use your personal information to provide you the Eventpipe services or to communicate with you about the services or the Website.
With respect to any contact, payment information, or documents you may choose to input or upload to Eventpipe, we take the privacy and confidentiality of such information seriously.
We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data about you that we may store to carry out EventPipe services , including personal information.
We do not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
- we believe it’s needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that is legally required;
- we believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
Eventpipe is operated from the United States. If you are visiting the Website from outside the U.S., you agree to any processing of any personal information you provide us according to this policy.
Eventpipe may contact you, by email or other means. For example, Eventpipe may send you promotional emails, or communicate with you about your use of the Eventpipe website. Eventpipe may also use technology to alert us via a confirmation email when you open an email from us. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications.
Safeguards & Security
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using the Site you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit and/or use the Site, including without limitation your Personal Information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
Updates to this Policy
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding Eventpipe’s collection, use, and sharing of their personal information. Eventpipe does not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. Eventpipe collects various categories of personal information when you use the Service, including identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network or device activity information, geolocation data, and professional information.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to Eventpipe what personal information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow Eventpipe to retain and use certain personal information notwithstanding your deletion request. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), some residents have certain rights regarding Eventpipe’s collection, use, and sharing of their personal information.
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such Personal Data directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
We receive certain Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Credit card information
- Group or Team name
- Organization name
We collect and process these categories of Personal Data as a matter of contractual necessity so that we can provide the Services to you in accordance with our Terms of Service. For example, we cannot fulfill your reservation if you do not provide us with your first and last name. When we process Personal Data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such Personal Data.
We also use the Personal Data we collect directly from you to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services based on our legitimate business interest in operating our Services in a way that benefits us and our users. For example, we use the Personal Data to:
- Create and manage user profiles
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
- Meet contract or legal obligations
- Respond to user inquiries
- Fulfill user requests
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
You may contact us concerning this Policy by writing to us at the following address:
Or by email at: [email protected]
For security purposes, we will take such steps as we deem necessary to confirm your identity before completing your request or sharing any personal data with you.
“Cookies”. A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience. We use two types of Cookies. These types are described further below.
Essential Cookies. These cookies are necessary to help you access and move around our site and use all its features. Without these cookies, our website would not work properly and you would not be able to use certain important features. For example, we use a cookie to keep you logged in during your visit, so the site does not require you to log in repeatedly to access different pages. We also use essential cookies for fraud detection and prevention purposes. The reason for this is that such cookies are necessary for you to access and use the content and features of our Sites